Balance Checking offers you simplicity, convenience, and security. With no checks and no overdraft fees, keeping track of your balance has never been easier!
- $25 Minimum Opening Deposit
- $5 Monthly Service Fee
- No Minimum Balance to Maintain
- No Overdraft Fees1
- No Annual Fee Visa Debit Card
- Free Online & Mobile Banking2
- Free Real-Time Beacon Account Alerts2
- No UCB Banks' ATM Fees3
Understanding No Overdraft Fees
- Balance Checking does not include our standard courtesy Overdraft Privilege service.
- We encourage you to monitor your account balance and activity frequently using online and mobile banking and to enroll in Beacon Alerts: real-time online and mobile banking alerts.2
- Debit card and other withdrawal transactions will be declined to be authorized or paid when there is an insufficient available account balance to cover the transactions. This situation may require you have an alternate method of payment available in order to successfully complete your purchase and to avoid any delays or frustration.
- It is still possible for your account to become overdrawn due to the way some transactions are authorized and finally paid and due to account fees and charges (including the monthly fee) that may be assessed against the account.
- It is also possible your payees and merchants may charge you fees or penalties for items that are returned unpaid or declined.
- If for any reason your Balance Checking account becomes overdrawn, you may not be able to use your debit card or other account services until your available balance becomes positive.
- If a transaction overdraws your account, we will not charge you any Overdraft or Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF) fees. If we return an item due to an insufficient available account balance we will not charge you a Returned Item fee.